Monday, June 25, 2012

"The Vampire's Assistant" Movie Critic

Last time I posted a movie critic on The Hunger Games and realized that I need to do a movie critic on The Vampire's Assistant too. So here you go. Enjoy!


The movie was actually an adaptation of Darren Shan's trilogy, Cirque du Freak with its books entitled Vampire Blood, The Vampire's Assistant, and Tunnels of Blood respectively. I haven't read the book but the movie showed the first and the third book according to my resources.


I actually like the flow of events in the movie. The thrill and excitement are spontaneous. From the very beginning of the story you will always wonder what will happen next. Its also has a sense of humor that makes the whole experience fun and enjoyable.

However, I don't like much of the ending because it insinuate a continuation. I don't know if there was a continuation of the film but I'm sure I haven't heard anything about it. There are a lot of action scenes that I really like. I mean, I really like a lot of action and the movie was not holding back.

The acting was not over the top, just the right blend. But the selection of the actors and actresses was just right. They played it very well. Well, I cannot judge it rightfully because I haven't  really read the book, right? Anyway, the whole cast was good from my standpoint. :) *Do you think I'm biased? No, I'm not biased.*

The visual effects! Oh its really something. Well, I like the way they conveyed on the speed and power on the action scenes. It made the actors really looked fast as the speed of light and strong as steel.

As for the sound effects, I think they should give credits to the one responsible. Because the sound effects of the movie really did gave me more goose bumps. Right timing and right volume. The sound of the limousine of Mr. Tiny from The Vampaneze  also was very thrilling, its like you're watching something weird and freaky movie.

Lastly, the costumes/outfit/make-up. Well, I'm not really sure if I like the make-up or the costumes of the actors/actresses. I think it will be better if it were a bit more modern. Because they sometimes looked odd and funny.

All in all, its a good watch. Better see it for yourself. But eat banana lumpia this time, instead of ice cream. *search what banana lumpia is, quick!*

No comments:

Post a Comment